Zona de identificação
Código de referência
Título
Data(s)
- Twentieth Century (Produção)
Nível de descrição
Dimensão e suporte
Paper, ink, metal. 31 x 48 x 10.5 cm
Zona do contexto
Nome do produtor
História biográfica
História do arquivo
26/07/2011
Zona do conteúdo e estrutura
Âmbito e conteúdo
Cardboard box from Clery's with a picture of the store and the captions 'Ireland's Greatest Department Store' 'Tailoring Department' 'Clery and Co.(1941) Ltd. Dublin'
A box from Clery’s tailoring department in 1941. Clery’s was founded as ‘The New or Palatial Mart’ in 1853, bought over and renamed by M. J. Clery in 1883. The current building – which is modelled on Selfridge’s of London – dates from 1922, the original having been destroyed during the Easter Rising. In 1943, this much-loved department store was taken over by the Guiney family, who also owned the nearby Guiney’s department store.
Avaliação, selecção e eliminação
Ingressos adicionais
Sistema de arranjo
Condições de acesso
Condiçoes de reprodução
Idioma do material
Script do material
Notas ao idioma e script
Características físicas e requisitos técnicos
Front panel wearing away, particularly edges, from age and had address written in.General discolouring from age and Pearson written on the back.